Report on insider trading (FY2017 to FY2019)
IDS Report 007
December 15, 2020
Listed companies and other market participants spend enormous resources on measures to counter insider trading, including information management training and creating and implementing various rules and regulations. In this report, our aim was to obtain insights into how companies can build and maintain more effective measures to combat insider trading. To achieve this goal, IDS researched all cases of insider trading in Japan in the past three years. We compiled and analyzed data based on offending parties’ relationships with issuers, types of violations, and how offending parties obtained insider information.
- 1. Scope of research
- 2. Number of violations by year
- 3. Corporations versus individuals
- 4. Relationship with issuer
- 5. Types of violation
- 6. Sources of information for insider trading
- Unauthorized use of insider information obtained at work
- 7. Measures to combat insider trading: education, insider information lists, and information security
- Research results (full list) (April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2020)
Full reports may be viewed through the report download function.
Thank you for taking interest in our reports.
To download the full report, please fill in the form below. By clicking on "Send and download," you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.